Monday 16 April 2012

Baby meets porridge

A lot of people start their baby's path to solids with baby porridge so as Baby M had been 'eating' for a week I thought maybe should try some. The BLW way of course.

I used one measure of porridge to 2 of water (you can use milk, but I'm trying to limit how much dairy Baby M has). I stirred in a pan for a few minutes and had a rather thick porridge.

I put some of the porridge in a Mam suction bowl (which I got from the Baby Show) and put it in the fridge to cool down. I then added some sneaky sugar to what was left in the pan and put it in a bowl for me.

When cool enough I put the bowl on her high chair tray and let Baby M dig in.

Baby M didn't seem too bothered either way with her first experience of using a bowl or porridge. She was a bit tired from a restless night do she didn't stick with it for very long.

I'm thinking next I might try porridge fingers. A bit less messy and a bit easier to get into her mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment